Simple Video Playout

client
playout
streaming
template
getting-started

Dear VImlesh ji,
Is there something issue on Scrolling My video is not running smoothly while I play scroll on HD 1080i.

Smoothness of scroll is always a problem with casparcg. If the scroll is ok with pal and not ok with 1080i5000 then it is a limitation of hardware. Smoothness also depends on amount of scroll texts. There are many scroll modules in this client. I wish one of it may fulfill your requirement.

Same scroll template when run in video mode 720p5000 runs good and cpu uses is less.

When run in video mode 1080i5000 runs jerky and cpu uses is more.

Server version 2.1 beta2. Windows 10 64bit. Can somebody explain it?

If it’s a flash tenplate you’re talking about, then this section explains it:

I noticed that templates that use long movieclips with texts (scrolls, crawls) usually make high use of the cpu as all the textfield is rendered entirely before it gets cropped by the stage so 50+ lines would tanslate in a 2~3Mpx of data every frame. That’s a lot, considering vectors have to be rendered and antialiased by the CPU, let alone if you add any filter to that. :cold_sweat:

One workaround is to crop the text to a set number of lines and tween each block sequentially. Greensock’s TweenLite and SplitTextField classes simplify that process.