Remote Triggering - Caspar CG Client

I’m about a month into Caspar CG, so I’m relatively new to the software.

I have a few templates made, and while I was messing around with the Caspar Client software, I noticed a remote triggering option with space for a UID. I was wondering if someone could give me a quick rundown of how this feature is to be used.

I’ve used Ross Xpression in the past, so would this be like a similar recall function that utilizes a key pad?

I would love to enable this functionality if so.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Well it could be :wink:

with the UID you give the cue its own ID
you can then trigger this with OSC if i remember it right with

control/UID/play

it’s not that wel documented yet if you want i can search a bit further for you.

I made a little translation program in the past that uses a blackmagic matrixpanel to control
the client but this can also easily be made for midi where plenty of handy panels can be found for.

2 Likes

That would be greatly appreciated!

I would love to type in a number on a keyboard and it call up that line in the rundown.

Thank you Maurice!

hi

just made a very basic little Electron app
see

it’s my first Electron.app so it was more a test for me to see if i understand electron :wink:

maybe it is usefull

LS

3 Likes

Is there anywhere that we can see more of the OSC commands for the Client? I could make a guess…

I remember fighting with OSC triggers as live code was always my choice for custom made clients but alas I never found how to control an ATEM from livecode and the OSC thing I was toying with to trigger casparcg clients ATEM link was not reliable

as far as I know the controls for the client are always based on the single items or groups in a rundown, which all have the UID you gave them in the item output options. Than you can use every command for the item in the playout menu.
/control/UID/play
/pause
/stop
and so on

Im testing the OSC Controll API or what i should call it.
And the ARGS need to be an array where first argument is >0.

So i checked the Source code of the client and came to the conclusion that its not possible to send data to the client to change Template data for example name of a Lower Third.

Is that corrent ?

Greetings
Dan