Playing RTSP stream

I am a total beginner when it comes to play streams with Caspar. I have a stream at:

rtsp://50.202.216.100:554/media/video1

that plays in VLC player but does not in Caspar. I tried:

PLAY 1-10 rtsp://50.202.216.100:554/media/video1

but that does not work. As I have no idea how to figure out what FFMPEG commands are needed I am lost.

Is it latency sensitive? If not I’d just do something like:
ffmpeg -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://50.202.216.100:554/media/video1 -c:v copy -c:a copy -f mpegts udp://127.0.0.1:1234

And then in CCG:
PLAY 1-10 udp://127.0.0.1:1234

It is not that latency sensitive, but I would prefer to not use anything outside Caspar, as it should run 24/7 (more or less) and the guy operating it does not know too much…

But, if that does not work, I probably can run FFMPEG from my client program, so that it gets restarted whenever he restarts the software. :smiley:

In my experience CCG will easily crash on interuptions to streams like RTSP, while with UDP playing in CCG you can easily start/stop the external ffmpeg process and it will continue playing just fine in CCG.

I think the real issue with that RTSP stream is that CCG is trying to access it over UDP but it’s only available over TCP, that could be an issue with the configuration of the camera or a firewall only allowing TCP to 554 and not TCP and UDP.

Please note that the stream you have indicated is a 30Hz one.

I see. Thanks, I will try with FFMPEG.

Yes, I know, it’s from an US source.

It works thanks a lot.