Rtsp receive

Hello,

it is possible to receive an rtsp stream?

with PLAY 1-1 rtsp://ip:port I can poll a stream, but an other server send a stream to me.

Thank you
Jens

sorry, my mistake. It works.

Thanks.

Pleased to hear you managed to get rtsp working.

There are useful comments in another thread about rtsp.

See Playing RTSP stream

Hi andyw,

thanks, it works better over ffmpeg, because with rtsp the server crashed sometimes.

But, I have an other question. In the config I can add ffmpeg consumer. It is possible zu send a stream over this.

Greetings
Jens

Yes, CasparCG server uses ffmpeg to generate output streams when requested. These can be created as part of the configuration for a channel, or added to a channel as an extra consumer using the AMCP ADD command.

The exact syntax for the streaming varies with the server version in use, as a newer ffmpeg was used from server version 2.2.

Please note that the streaming consumer in the current releases of CasparCG server use the CPU to do all the work, and this can be a significant load for the more advanced streaming codecs. Several users have said their workflow is to send the channel output to another process such as ffmpeg or OBS, exploiting the GPU to accelerate the compression work. Some people report having used NDI to send the channel from CasparCG to the streaming engine. NDI output can be added to version 2.1 NRK branch, and version 2.3 LTS includes an NDI consumer. The NDI latency is low, and the computational load much smaller than needed for H264 or similar codec.

Hi Andy,

thanks, but classic NDI is not suitable for an transport over internet, only in the local network.
I need NDI hx, but I think that casparcg use the classic NDI or I use the NDI Bridge.

It is not so easy to find the right way.

Greetings Jens

Jens,

My apologies for the poor construction of my previous post. I meant to say the (classic) NDI is used locally. Two options exist:

1. On a powerful host PC that can run both CasparCG server and the compression/stream generate software use NDI through localhost networking to pipe the data from CasparCG into the stream generate software.

2. Using two computers - computer A running the CasparCG server and computer B runnung the streaming software. Use NDI on a local network connection to pipe content from computer A to computer B.

One advantage to using a separate stream generator process is the software includes simple mechanisms for managing the keys needed by common streaming platforms.

Andy