Flash Templates

We decided at work to revive my old casparCG/ATEM 2ME setup. Everything is working except the flash templates. I understand that flash has been discontinued. Is there any way to make it work again? Otherwise, what is my option for displaying Titles through CasparCG?

There is a huge thread about Flash End of Life, where you find all informations about it. See also here.

Hello @didikunz,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I’m thinking to convert my titles templates to HTML5. Does CasparCG support it for titles? Could you point me to instructions to implement HTML5 in CCG?

I will use Adobe Animate to convert the flash templates.

Hi, you can look at official documentation regarding html templates: Media: HTML Templates · CasparCG/help Wiki · GitHub

I usually only do new templates in HTML and let the old stuff run in Flash until there comes a redesign. The conversion is a manual process and takes as long as creating the original Flash templates, as it is a completely different technology.

In the stuff I mentioned earlier it is explained how you can keep Flash alive, so that you can do a “soft” transition and not need to do the conversion all at once. But be aware, that you should not mix HTML and Flash, as they both need different anti-aliasing system settings. So for a given show I either do everything in Flash or everything in HTML. That works quite well.

The guide that @Bohoaush mentioned is talking about Caspar version 2.0.7. It contains quite an old Chromium, that is far behind the HTML standards of today. So I would use a more recent version like the 2.3.0, were you also get a version, that still works with Flash, see my GitHub link.

Will do. Thanks so much! I’ll try the flash fix and see how that goes.

Thanks @Bohoaush. I will try the flash fix first. If it works, I’ll continue to use flash templates and then slowly start the conversion to html. For the future I think it’s best to use html as at some point flash may stop working completely.

1 Like