DDPlayout - simplify broadcasting

I remember early on when I was trying to launch it did ask to restart CasparCG. It appears from the CasprCG run info it did accept a connection from DDPlayout. I see it is trying to launch in PAL. My previous experience working with CasparCG and Redcast that has created problems here in the US.

I don’t have a lot of experience with MySQL when it comes to debugging. My current CasparCG config file on the casparCG side matches the same file on the DDPlayout side.

When I type USE MAINDB; I get "database changed. I my not be typing it in correctly at the prompt.

This implies that the playout database is present. After changing the database, use command SHOW COLUMNS FROM MAINTABLE; to list the db fields, do you see that as well? Since installation completed message is displayed, the db importer is most likely to be correct. Check the casparcg.config file that ddplayout configured automatically.

I might be typing it in wrong but I am not getting database fields you suggest

Please elaborate. You mean after selecting maindb and using show columns command, no fields are listed? If that’s the case, the db import was not successful entirely.

Yes I am not get the database fields you are suggesting.

If I type in SHOW TABLES; it says “empty set”.

Good to know that the error is in the database. If all good, command SHOW TABLES; should have returned MainTable. An empty-set return clearly shows that the tables and fields were not imported.

Issue command SELECT USER FROM MYSQL.USER; to confirm whether playout user NANDAKUMAR was indeed created by dbimporter.

In my computer, it’s MySQL ver 8.0.15 for Win64 on x86_64. All the applications including MySQL and connector c++ are 64 bit, but I am not sure about your version i.e 8.0.11. Please confirm by issuing command STATUS.

Let me also check if I can reproduce here. Need a day or two. If the matter persists, I will modify dbimporter or resort to manual import. Thanks for reporting.

Edited- Redownload DbImporter.exe from shared drive. I have included logging feature to help diagnose faults. Log files available under \ddplayout\tools\log. A typical log should look like this. You can share you log file:

Localhost connected.
Mysql server detected at C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin\
Playout user created.
Privilages granted to Playout user .
Connected to Playout user.
Main database created.
Configuration database created.
Transmission database created.
Installation sucessful.

Installed the SQL and while launching the application getting error, can’t connect to SQL and it quits.

@seccpur: I would suggest, that you lean back and take some time to build and test an installer that works, instead of flooding this topic with workarounds. You need to do that anyway sooner or later :smile:

Matched your version of MySQL mysql.exe Ver 8.0.15 for Win64 on x86_64 verified by STATUS:

Downloaded tools update.

Here are the log results:
Localhost connected.
Mysql server detected at C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin_
Playout user created.
Privilages granted to Playout user .
Connected to Playout user.
Main database created.
Configuration database created.
Transmission database created.
Installation sucessful.

Program still will not launch. Still get empty set from SHOW TABLES: command.

Just to confirm again, I just needed to install MySQLServer from the MySQL suite and nothing else?

I do get this confirmation from MAINDB;

±-----------------+
| user |
±-----------------+
| Glenn |
| Nandakumar |
| mysql.infoschema |
| mysql.session |
| mysql.sys |
| root |
±-----------------+
6 rows in set (0.00 sec)

@gvh21961: I fixed the import issue just now. Can you download DbImporter.exe file one more time? After running DbImporter.exe, you can issue commands USE MAINDB; and SHOW COLOUMNS FROM MAINTABLE; to manually check if the import was successful. Eagerly waiting for feedback.

Didi wants to kill me for spamming here, I can feel it.

No, not really, but I would want to make you build your project as good as possible. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is what I have:

mysql> show columns from maintable;
±----------±-------------±-----±----±--------±---------------+
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
| ID | int(11) | NO | PRI | NULL | auto_increment |
| Filename | varchar(50) | NO | | NULL | |
| Folder | varchar(200) | NO | | NULL | |
| Duration | varchar(12) | NO | | NULL | |
| Fps | float | NO | | NULL | |
| Width | smallint(6) | NO | | NULL | |
| Height | smallint(6) | NO | | NULL | |
| Category | varchar(10) | NO | | NULL | |
| Proxyname | varchar(50) | NO | | NULL | |
| HouseID | varchar(20) | NO | | NULL | |
| Inpoint | varchar(12) | NO | | NULL | |
| Outpoint | varchar(12) | NO | | NULL | |
| Genre | varchar(15) | YES | | NULL | |
| Lto | varchar(15) | YES | | NULL | |
| Language | varchar(12) | YES | | NULL | |
| Caption | varchar(100) | YES | | NULL | |
| Synopsis | blob | YES | | NULL | |
| Producer | varchar(30) | YES | | NULL | |
18 rows in set (0.02 sec)

but i did see potential errors on launch:

Admin Connected
Searching for mqsql server…
Mysql server detected at C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin\

Admin Connection closed.

Connected to playout host.

ERR: Can’t create database ‘maindb’; database existsFailed to create database

maindb database created.

ERR: Can’t create database ‘configdb’; database existsFailed to create database

configdb database created.

ERR: Can’t create database ‘xmissiondb’; database existsFailed to create database

xmissiondb database created.
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.

Importing databases and tables. Please wait…

Installation sucessful.

I was able to finally launch the program but the screen looks like a bunch of misplaced panels … I see no way of exiting the program as it appears at the moment or changing the consumer screens to anything but PAL.

So database import nightmare is over. Database create failure warning comes since the databse might have already existed.

For adjusting the misplaced panels, check your desktop screen properties and make sure Aero theme is not selected.

Search for digital font under DDPlayout subfolders, right click to install the font for better look and feel .

You can change the video mode from PAL to any other supported modes manually in the CasparCG.config as usual.

The Aero theme is disabled as default in Windows 10, correct?

AFAIK not, you need to do that manually.

The aero theme does not exist in windows 10.
Desktop composition is always enabled as a core part of the system and can not be disabled. All you can do is disable transparency effects and shadows but will not affect the inner working of the desktop composition.

1 Like

HI, I tried to install the DD PLAYOUT. The SQL server install successfully. While launching DD PLAYOUT it gives error “Can’t connect to SQL database”. What could be the reason ?