Changing the port of the media-scanner

Hi,

This might be a simple question I just can’t seem to find anywhere. I’m trying to run Caspar twice on one machine (One for GFX, one for VT). If I use just one media scanner it doesn’t seem to scan the correct folders on the second server, but it won’t allow me to start running a second media-scanner without changing the port. Am I doing something wrong? I can’t seem to find a way to change the media-scanner’s port & the scanner isn’t scanning for the second server.

Thomas.

Brill, that does seem to add the functionality I need - I could not find that when searching earlier :smiley:

However, I’m struggling to get that to build, have you had any success?

I noticed @rrebuffo’s ping and spent some time trying to push out a build. Ended up ditching pkg for nexe, and made it work.

I can upload a release there and you can get me some feedback :slight_smile:

Edit: https://github.com/jcalado/media-scanner/releases/download/1.0/scanner.exe

Seems like that release isn’t working, not sure why?

Error: No native build was found for platform=win32 arch=x64 runtime=node abi=88 uv=1 libc=glibc
    at Function.load.path (<Path>\node_modules\node-gyp-build\index.js:56:9)
    at load (<Path>\node_modules\node-gyp-build\index.js:20:30)
    at Object.<anonymous> (<Path>\node_modules\leveldown\binding.js:1:43)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1091:14)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1120:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:971:32)
    at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:812:14)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:995:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:92:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (<Path>\node_modules\leveldown\leveldown.js:3:17)

Why are you running two Caspars on the same machine? If you require multiple channels, it’s just a matter of adding them in the config file.