CasparCG wishlist

as a wishlist feature, we could have a native webrtc producer!

Regarding tranparency i use the transparent PNG as the following example:
Output on a screen in studio

• on channel 1-10 a videoloop
  • on channel 1-11 Decklink input with a person joying through Skype
  • on channel 1-11 tranformation size 75%
  • on channel 1-11 opacity 85%
    in client when I take in the Skype-picture I add a Mix 25 frm
    when I take it out I play “transparent PNG” with Mix 25 frm
    then I stop everything in channel 1-11 with a group and run the program logo on channel 1-11 (PNG with transparency).
    This is still simple and managable but if you have a more complicated setup and have things on 4-5 different layers its easy to forget some layer.

My most important wish (not for me but for every new user) INtergrated the Frontend GUI to Server release.

1 Like

I would prefer a web interface as a frontend, which would comply with running the server headless.

4 Likes

I understand that if your running the Server through the frontend you miss out on some nice features like multiply configurations, So I like how it works in 2.0.7 where you can start frontend if you want or just the console if you prefer that. A webinterface would be perfect but still you cant(I think) get a channelgrid or diagnoce window though a webinterface. I have for problems installed TightVNC on my servers which means I can run them headless if I want to.

The frontend supporting multiple config files could be something to add to the wishlist if you want that.
There is a issue on github to replace the diag window with an external tool anyway https://github.com/CasparCG/server/issues/899, which would play well with a webinterface frontend.

1 Like

+1 for rendering to file. This would be a huge feature for us, it is available in other renderers such as Viz RT

1 Like

Automated rundowns :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do you mean @TheYouth?

See the actual topic

Magewell video card support would be great. I’m not a fan of Black Magic Decklink.

we talked to them for a bit at IBC, but they don’t have an output card yet. that’s in the works though, and if it’s any good… who knows.

Interesting to know thanks, I’ll watch this space!

I just saw an interesting product featuring Magewell cards, I’d be great to be able to use it with Caspar but I guess the integration of this cards is not in great demand around here…

Expose Channel/Layer as HTML video/audio input
I like the idea of having a live camera feed inside a html template, like a classic webcam for browser, and could be nice to have a channel/layer as input, rather than a direct decklink. Maybe also available for more than one template (ex. preview). Could be interesting even for AR in conjunction with threejs.

wild wish science fiction like
Having a server running on a Mac arm, either under linux or natively, with gpu support. Well, because mac usually have a lot of thunderbolt ports and are well build and powerful computers.

Hide media(folders) from media-scanner, like:
user_avatars_hidden/user12312.png
or
user12312_hidden.png

This way when working with large media sets, they don’t mess up the media lists.

Also a AMCP command like:
/tls/foldername
Only returns media from that media subfolder.

Customize Terminal Window
– Choose size and position (like the screen one)
– Show/Hide the window itself at start
– Set font size
– Different text/background color for errors and warnings
– Show/Hide date and time (but always keep them in log file)

HTML Templates From Web Server
being able to play an html template from a web server
and have all the controls of a local one (play,stop,update,next,preview)
either on the same machine, another in the same lan or even over internet
[if it isn’t already possible in some way]

1.Simple play out client with drag drop media files.
2.scheduler with start date and time. if there is no schedules, play from dropped media files.
3. Hidden console window.

Why don’t you look at
New CasparCG client: SuperConductor released - General - CasparCG Community Forum (casparcgforum.org)
or
Simple Video Playout - General - CasparCG Community Forum (casparcgforum.org)

Both have the schedule feature and are simple to use.

1 Like

Add support for GPU device selection of the mixer.