CasparCG Server hotfix releases for Flash Player end of life

I checked the Flash.ocx files (System32 and SysWOW64) and in the properties says 32.0.0.445.
I have CasparCG running flash templates in a notebook and the log shows also version 32.0.0.387, weird.

Another idea?

Tuto

It does not really matter, what version it reports. But what really matters is, that the correct path to your template folder is set inside the mms.cfg. Because when it says (like it does in the line above) “Flash call failed” it is very likely, that something is wrong there.

I’ve been testing flash in the new releases today and I managed to get the 2.0.7.1 working just fine but I didn’t have the same luck with the 2.3.1 / 2.3.2.

I’ve tried setting parcial/total template paths in the server but the message is the same “CG ADD FAILED”.

I have not used the new versions a lot so maybe I’m missing something related to the media scanner or something like that?

Thank you,
Carlos

In 2.3, did you enable flash in the casparcg config? It is disabled by default

Oh right, that was it.
Thank you very much!

I am currently trying fringe and weird configurations with the new flash situation and seeing if they work at all.

I know it defies its purpose and its kind of a security risk but I just set the mms.cfg template path to the C: drive so my different testing servers work without having to change the path every time.

Is there any other undesired effect from this that we know of?

When testing servers it’s a bit of a hassle having to change it every time I open a different build so I may keep this for a bit.

You also could add multiple AllowListUrlPattern=... lines to the mms.cfg files. The little FlashCfgWriter.exe utility does not support this, to keep it simple, but these files can be edited manually.

1 Like

I think I have found the issue with INFO TEMPLATE in 2.0.7.1
I have made a build https://builds.julusian.dev/casparcg/CasparCG.Server-2.0.7.2-flash-eol-hotfix.zip
If you are happy that it works, then I shall check with SVT about if they are ok with making that an official version

5 Likes

Yes, I tested it. It works. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion. I’m sorry for the delay, I was far from the computer a few days.
I checked the path in the mms.cfg, It was right, even I moved the template folder and change it the path y both mms.cfg files, I tried with ‘/’ and ‘\’, relative an long path and I still having the same issue and same messages.

Regards

Tuto

Can you post the contents of your mms.cfg?

config file:
C:\CasparCG_Server\templates\

mms.cfg:
AutoUpdateDisable=1
EOLUninstallDisable=1
EnableAllowList=1
AllowListPreview=0
AllowListRootMovieOnly=1
AllowListUrlPattern=file:///C:/CasparCG_Server/templates/

Seems weird to me. And you sure use one of the patched server versions?

I start again with a new fresh windows 10 installation and now is working, finally.

Thank you for take a time to help me.

Tuto

I am using the Version 2.3.1 server and CMP14118_2
I need to use other module / CG / Twoliner and I have a problem. The html version of this module works, the flash version does not. I need it very much. Please help.

Would you mind reading this topic starting from the top? It would explain, what you need to do. Step by step.

@HUDis Try Following this.

I think I did everything right:

1.I downloaded and started the server version 2.3.1 from there

1. I have installed Adobe Flash Player 32.0.0.465.

2. I launched FlashCfgWriter
    and pointed to C: \ CasparCG_Server \ template

and after that all the CMP plays the video files as beautiful as usual but does not run the flash modules. What can I do?

And you runned the FlashCfgWriter as Administrator and it reported success, right? Are you sure, that CMP does not use it’s own server / template folder? Can you post, what is inside the mms.cfg files?

I have mms.cfg files in 2 locations:

C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Macromed \ Flash
and
C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \ Macromed \ Flash

the file includes:

AutoUpdateDisable = 1
EOLUninstallDisable = 1
EnableAllowList = 1
AllowListPreview = 0
AllowListRootMovieOnly = 1
AllowListUrlPattern = file: /// C: / CasparCG_Server / template /

I was running FlashCfgWriter as administrator.
Should I copy the mms.cfg file to C: \ CasparCG_Server \ template too?