Best automation system?

Hello, and good day.
I am banging my head against the wall trying to find the best solution (preferably free) that will allow me to run a couple stations 24/7. I don’t need anything really fancy, just automation and the ability to use CG for “watching now, whats next” type overlays. Any one have any good ideas? I truly appreciate the suggestions. Thank you.
Note: As said, it doesn’t have to be fancy, but if it has more bells and whistles i wouldn’t mind, could give me a reason to possibly come up with new ideas for the channels.

Have you tried Red Cast?

you can take a look at Sofi TV Automation
https://www.sofieautomation.com
from SuperFly.tv
I believe most of the developers are the same of CasparCG itself

and also check Super Conductor, a client for casparcg with some feature of Sofi Automation

@Andrea: Are you sure, that Super Conductor can be used as a playout automation? I always had the impression, that it needs an operator and is more of a studio automation, but correct me if I am wrong.

@babygirl1248: There is also Nebula, that can do 24/7 playout automation, maybe a better fit than Red Cast. Just try them, they are both free and open source.

There is a list of common CasparCG clients available on the wiki - clients.

Have a look at TV Play which was developed for use in playout operations by Polish TV. Supports a full redundancy operation. It has it’s own server version which used Flash templates, but it can work with many server versions.

nope, not sure at all, I just read the intro and look at the demos, not yet a personal experience.
I do think is a mix of manual and automatic operations.
the description says:

Under the hood SuperConductor is powered by the same playout backend as the Sofie Automation system , with timeline-based control of multiple devices.

Så I’m assuming that the timeline part is automated, but I could be wrong

Yeah, at the moment SuperConductor is still lacking a few features to make it possible to use for 24/7, it would be cool to add some scheduling features to it tho :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I use CasparCG, it’s free and convenient for me