Wipe transition broken with Server 2.3.3 LTS-Stable

I’ve been using CasparCG Server 2.3.3 and CasparCG Client 2.0.8 and they said that they’ve fixed the wipe direction issue but somehow the wipe direction bug is still present with Server 2.2.x and above. When I try to set it to wipe to the left it still wipes to the right. Is there any way to fix this?

The wipe direction bug in the server 2.1 NRK branch has been fixed, but it still needs to be sorted in the later versions of server.

The problem is on one line (line 170) of file server/src/core/producer/transition/transition_producer.cpp, and the fix is documented in https://github.com/CasparCG/server/issues/332.

You would then need to re-build the server binary for the platform you use (Windows, Linux).

Oh so I have to get NRK build?

Edit: Yes, the NRK build worked. I had to do some retuning to my videos again but the output’s looking great. Tack!

Pleased to hear the NRK version has solved you problem.

If you are able to return to server version 2.3 at a later date once some bug fixes have been applied to the released executables, you should look at using the version 2.2 client. The playback progress meters for video clips use OSC status data from the server. The format of the OSC status reports changed when server 2.2 was released. Client 2.2 is designed to read the newer data format, and hence it provides the run-down bar graphs.

1 Like