Tab Remove

Good Day,

I am new user of CasparCG and I am still exploring of function and usage. I have right now is a laptop of ACER Predator with Core i7 8th Gen with NVIDIA GTX.

1. Can my laptop is capable enough to work with at least 3 output?
  2. Can I just play video on my extended output of my Laptop?
  3. Is there a way to remove the “Tab” found in server screen?
  4. Is there a way to loop 2 or more video/image in a group?

Your response is very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Brian

Hi Brian

1:
I never used a laptop for CasparCG except testing, but if it is powerful enough you should be able to play at least one or two HD Outputs.
2+3:
if you take a look at the “screen” section of config file you see multiple settings which let you achieve what you want. You find all possible settings at the bottom of the file. It looks like this:

<screen>
                <device>1 [1..]</device>
                <aspect-ratio>default [default|4:3|16:9]</aspect-ratio>
                <stretch>fill [none|fill|uniform|uniform_to_fill]</stretch>
                <windowed>true [true|false]</windowed>
                <key-only>false [true|false]</key-only>
                <vsync>false [true|false]</vsync>
                <borderless>false [true|false]</borderless>
                <interactive>true [true|false]</interactive>
                <always-on-top>false [true|false]<</always-on-top>
                <x>0</x>
                <y>0</y>
                <width>0 (0=not set)</width>
                <height>0 (0=not set)</height>
                <sbs-key>false [true|false]</sbs-key>
                <colour-space>RGB [RGB|datavideo-full|datavideo-limited] (Enables colour space convertion for DataVideo TC-100 / TC-200)</colour-space>
            </screen>

This config file here is from Version 2.2, so keep an eye on what version you are using.
You can copy and modify it to the top section where you configure your channels.

4:
As far as I know the Standard Client has groups but no loop function of a group. This is an open request.
If you build your own clients you will be able to achieve it, but you have to invest some time in programming.

Phil

1 Like

Hello Phil,

Thank you very much for your response.
Will try this config and see if it works with me.

I might buying desktop thou if I already familiarize figures and observe that my laptop wouldn’t function well.

Cheers
Brian

Hello Phil,

It was big thanks that you inform me of how to remove the tab that appear in my display, and of the server and client that is 2.2 version.
However the 2.2 version is not compatible with my laptop as it has problem with audio sync. Thou i might use it to the future with the desktop. So I return to my old Client_2.0.8 & Server 2.1.0 Beta 2. But I notice that i lost my running time and the monitor meter of audio is also lost. It was there before i run the 2.2 version.
How can i put it back?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers
Brian

Hi Brian

CasparCG does communicate with AMCP, which is a TCP based protocol and OSC, which is UDP based.
I am usually creating my own client software so I am not really using the standard client, but I think the client uses OSC for audio metering and the remaining time. So take a look at your firewall settings as it might be blocked. Also, there is a config section “OSC” which might need some configuration as well. But I think it should work out of the box.

Phil

1 Like

Hello Phil,

Thank you for this information.

Brian