Streaming changed in version 2.2

I’ve been using version 2.0.7 for streaming to a Wowza. This worked fine, but when I upgrade to version 2.2, all the settings seem to have changed. I see a couple of posts on this forum, but none of them seem to have a resolution.

Here’s the settings that I currently use in version 2.0.7:

rtmp://******/Playout/Playout-stream
-vcodec libx264 -preset fast -crf 22 -vf scale=720x480,format=pix_fmts=yuv420p -x264opts bitrate=1808:vbv-maxrate=1808:vbv-bufsize=61 -strict -2 -acodec aac -b:a 192k -af aresample=44100 -f flv

What would be the equivalent of this in 2.2?

Anyone…?

Server 2.2 updated with newer version of ffmpeg and ffmpeg parameters is different in newer builds so try with

rtmp://******/Playout/Playout-stream -codec:v libx264 -preset:v fast -crf:v 22 -filters:v scale=720x480,format=yuv420p -b:v 1808k -maxrate:v 1808k -bufsize:v 61k -codec:a aac -b:a 192k -ar:a 44100 -format flv

Thanks noumaan,

The response is:
Unused option filters=scale=720x480,format=yuv420p:v

Wowza receives a stream, but there appears to be nothing in it.

Check with -filter:v

It doesn’t show me the error anymore and the stream is registered in Wowza, but it appears to be black.

I’m using latest version with UDP/TCP and it’s working fine. I didn’t test it with wowza or rtmp.
I think someone here was talking about this black stream issue.
Search this forum or GitHub issues if you find something helpful

Have you solved this issue?

Try without -vcodec libx264. I mean you don’t specify video codec.

In the end I added an NDI output and started the stream using OBS studio.

1 Like

Guys, please can you help with streaming into wowza? I have instaled wowza localy on the same machine as caspar client and server. In caspar screen I see playout is working. Using following I have added consumer to caspar server:

ADD 1 STREAM rtmp://caspar:caspar@127.0.0.1:1935/mate -codec:v libx264 -codec:a aac -strict -2 -b:a 128k -x264opts:v keyint=45 -ar:a 48000 -tune:v zerolatency -preset:v ultrafast -b:v 5750k -minrate:v 5000k -maxrate:v 6000k -bufsize:v 1146k -filter:v format=pix_fmts=yuv420p,scale=1280:720-format flv

In wowza I see incoming streem, but in test player just black screen appears. What is wron please?
See also folowing video, with what I described:

any hint please?

Hi, since the ffmpeg consumer changed several versions back, the frame size is not defined in an rtmp stream (if I remember correctly ffprobe sees it as -1*-1 and YouTube as 65535*65535), and that might be the problem. When I was dealing with this myself, people here recommended me using udp output and then repackaging it to rtmp using standard ffmpeg. Link to that topic is here: Rtmp streaming problems