Split Recording

issuing a command ADD 1-99 FILE recording.mp4 will do a full one time recording. what command can i issue to record and split the file into 30 minutes chunk (rec001.mp4 (30 min), rec002.mp4 (30 min) …) instead on one single file.

i have tried ADD 1-99 file rec%04.mp4 -vcodec libx264 -f segment -segment_time 1800 , but i was presented with this error
Could not find tag for codec pcm_s24le in stream #1, codec not currently supported in container

I think Split recording is not supported in server.
But the feature you need is there in the following client.

Video codec, audio codec, wrapper etc can be selected.
Profile based recoding parameter is also available.
Continuous recording is possible with same file name with suffices.
Recorded file duration, size and free space are shown.

General_Recording

It is a client for recording 24x7x365.
It can delete recorded files automatically older than given days.
It can be used for scheduling a recording also.

Off_Air_Logger

Thanks for the response vimlesh. apparently the feature is supported. the error i got was related to an unsupported codec “pcm_s24le” for mp4. so i changed the audio codec to acc and it worked. my recordings are now splitted in a chunk of 10 seconds.

this is the command i used:
ADD 1-99 FILE rec%d.mp4 -vcodec libx264 -acodec aac -strict -2 -b:a 384k -flags +global_header -f segment -segment_time 10 -segment_format_options movflags=+faststart -reset_timestamps 1

the simplest form is ADD 1-99 FILE rec%d.mp4 -vcodec libx264 -acodec aac -strict -2 -b:a 384k -f segment -segment_time 10 -reset_timestamps 1

note -segment_time 10 determines the duration of each recorded file. in my case 10 seconds

1 Like

You can also send the same ADD command again with a different filename.
It stops the current file and goes to a new one.
Are these extra FFmpeg options also work now with Server 2.2?

Hi Vimlesh,

Is this client still available and relevant?
And how do I get my hands on it?

/Brian

Yes.
It is available here. http://bit.ly/2z5xXae