Special signs like ",'/"

Hi, When uploading some clips with special characters to the playlist for broadcast. TVplay does not play these clips during broadcast. We had a clip with a / and with characters ( ’ , ). Could the problem be caused by the system’s incorrect response to files containing special characters in their names?

for example: |TAS.Server.Engine|INFO|09:01:27:07 TAS.Server.Engine: Preload Event Movie_777/809
but this:
|TAS.Server.Engine|INFO|09:04:46:16 TAS.Server.Engine: Preload Event Movie Y1 - ads OUT (04) / BRE 19994
it started normally.

My stable server version is 2.0.6 and I cannot upgrade to a newer version.

That is sure the case. In filenames you should never have special characters. That has also to do with the way Caspar sends the commands from the client (TVPlay) to the server by escapeing special characters.

By the way: A / is usually interpreted as a way to indicate a sub directory. In DOS/Windows that is normally a \ (backslash) but not in Linux. Caspar is ‘forgiving’ and interprets it as sub directory anyway.

It’s good practice to not use any special characters in file names. I myself do not even use spaces and substitutes them with _ but that is only my nerdy paranoia :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick reply! I will stop using special characters. I will let you know if this happens again.