Simple Video Playout

I play my media in CasparCG from the lan network from the address:
S:/_STUDIO PLAYER/

I can’t see thumbnails in playlists. The preferences include the path
c:/casparcg/_thumbnails\

Have I done something wrong?

I guess server 2.3 is being used.
Go to Menu=>Tools=>Create thumbnail for Server 2.3.
Then Right click on playlist=> Refresh Thumbnail.

Thank you for your help. As always, everything works beautifully in your soft :slight_smile:
I have one more question. After switching to the new player version and the new server version, the work on the playlist works slower than in the older version. Sometimes there are freezes and the program interface refreshes slowly. Should I pay attention to anything when configuring server, client or computer?

1 Like

And one more question :slight_smile:
I know I can operate the server with Streamdeck, but can I operate your Simple Video Playout with StreamDeck? Specifically, I mean the Twoliner module?

Please advise on the best approach to schedule file playback for several days in advance. So far the only option I see is to open several instances of cmp and set Start playback time for each of instances. Is this the only option?
Maybe you can suggest other client that allows such functionality, with a remark that I’d like to run files in loop, for example file1 is in loop for 2 hours, then switching to file2, etc. As far as I see folderplayout client doesn’t support loop function and same issue with RedCast client - as soon as I add loop to list, playlist doesn’t switch to next file

Glad to know you found one option.
There are two more option-

1. Playlist shcheduler is below casparcg screen consumer.

2. Untitled

2 Cammand scheduler datewise is in other module menu.

Let me know if you find perfect for your requirement. I am open to makes some changes if you suggest.

Hi Vimlesh,

Interesting features, didn’t know about these. Playlist scheduler might be a very good option for those who are not familiar with CasparCG commands. However to create playlists for several days in advance (like playlist Day1, Day2) setting of date would be very useful. Is that possible to add date as well, not only time?

Hi,

Ive installed the Simple Playout Video about a year ago. I have windows 10 version 20H1 now. Has been updated and after that my Simple Playout Video doesnt work anymore. On Eventviwer, I see this error every time I execute the CMP application.

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 30/06/2021 14:24:11
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: WKS-CAR-13E
Description:
Faulting application name: caspar_media_playback.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60d72251
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1023, time stamp: 0xcbf6f7d1
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0012a6f2
Faulting process ID: 0x1540
Faulting application start time: 0x01d76db332f8d3e5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Doordarshan\CasparMediaPlaybackSetup\caspar_media_playback.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: b0536122-4931-483e-8f08-bad28f880e0e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
WKS-CAR-13E

caspar_media_playback.exe
60d72251
KERNELBASE.dll
cbf6f7d1
e0434352
0012a6f2
01d76db332f8d3e5
C:\Program Files (x86)\Doordarshan\CasparMediaPlaybackSetup\caspar_media_playback.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
b0536122-4931-483e-8f08-bad28f880e0e

I`ve installed and uninstalled the Simple Video Playout too many times but the same issue. Net Framework 4.8 could not be installed on this windows version because it has the recent version of it. So please any advice??

cmd run as administrator

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Doordarshan\CasparMediaPlaybackSetup\flash.ocx"

Hello,

We use this program on our small cable TV.

We only have one problem. Is it possible to somehow make the broadcast display a board while the broadcast server is shutting down?

Hi there, and congratulations for this excellent product: in the “help.txt” doc I read:
"Install from CasparMediaPlaybackSetup\Release\setup.exe"
but there is no "\release\ subdir, not any “setup.exe” anywhere in the 7 zip file …

Help? :slight_smile:

First we need to unzip with 7z program. Then we find the setup file like below.

Hi, is there any way to get 608/708 closed captions to pass through? Playing on Decklink SDI from mpg files with embedded captions. Thanks!!

@vimlesh1975 Hi, we have one PC as a client with your CMP running and two seperate PCs as servers (for main and backup). Is it possible to sync the video playback on both server PCs? We want to simply press play on the client PC and have the same output synced on the server PCs.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Thanks for posting a feature request. I created a standalone TcpSniffer vb dot net application. It will monitor local casparcg server, list commands received and send received commands to remote casparcg server.
I hope this is what you asked for. Let me know if this fulfils your requirement.

Untitled

7zipped file containing exe is here.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Yy1wpgWeixY-xboYYZMrB7unlIwlGITi

2 Likes

Hey @vimlesh1975 thank you, it works perfectly, exactly what we needed! Now we can have a main and backup solution, which is synced!
I have one more question, right now we don’t need more, but it would be great to know for future events: is it possible, with 3 or more PCs/servers, to open the TcpSniffer multiple times on one PC with different Host IPs to control different PCs/servers? like a master / slave solution?

1 Like

Hi @vimlesh1975 , your proyect looks very nice but i cant make it work(click on cmp desktop icon load a little but not open the app ). i dont know what im doing wrong. maybe is net4.8 becouse when i try to install it the instalator say me that i have new version than 4.8.
i open the help.txt file and install as it say by the way i downloaded the casparcg 2.3.3.
some one has the same problem???

really thanks

cmd run as administrator

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Doordarshan\CasparMediaPlaybackSetup\flash.ocx"
1 Like

really thanks, sorry but i have a question but there is a manual or video tutorial of how to connect to casparcg and how to use you app.
again really thanks

1 Like

hello again @vimlesh1975 ,
your software is very good but correct me if I’m not right, it’s more for live production than automation. I tell you this because in the manual I did not find how to program within the playlist (commands that start the execution of features) for example the advertising banners, to automatically record a fragment of the playlist (this for advertisements), show the weather, etc ( everything in the playlist).
The software has many functions (excellent) but is there a way to incorporate them into the playlist?

really thanks and great software

1 Like