Setup with Decklink Duo 2

Hey there- sorry for the n00b question, but I seem to be a bit stuck.

I’m just starting out with Caspar and have setup server/client successfully and it’s all playing back fine. Next step is to setup my Decklink Duo2 card so I can get key/fill to my ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K.

I’m going through the front end app for configuration- please see screenshot attached. I have also grouped the channels on the decklink (SDI 1 = SDI1&2, SDI 2 = SDI3&4) I have connected the SDI cables to the camera inputs but nothing coming through.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks so much!!

From what I see on you picture, the screen consumer is still running, whitout beeing listed in the front end. Could it be, that you just need to restart Caspar for the settings to take effect? Or can it be, that the frontend app does not change the real casparcg.config?

see Topic, at the end is a config file and drawing for DUO2
https://casparcgforum.org/t/installing-casparcg-server-strange-things-will-happen/268

The front end has it’s own config file that identifies the path for the server config.

For some reason if there is no path it defaults to the root of the drive. You should edit the casparcg_frontend.config so the path is ./casparcg.config if it is in the same directory or put the full path if not.

Which means the frontend won’t work with 2.2 since the option to pass in a config-path is gone?

Thanks so much for all your help!!!

I think didikunz and silid are right- for some reason the changes made in the front end is not reflected in the .config file.

Changing the .config file manually (with good help of peteraellig’s suggestion and also an older post from didikunz) did the trick and it’s all working now it seems. Would love to understand more how to get the front end talking to the config file but very pleased that it’s running smoothly atm.

Thanks again to all of you for taking the time, much appreciated and will probably be back with a lot more questions shortly :slight_smile: