Sending video over a socket connection

Hello, I want to send video to the server socket and play it. I am trying to send a live screen video of a website. I know about AMCP commands but couldn’t find anything about sending data.

Does CasparCG have such a feature?

Caspar can send an receive NDI video. So depending on your workflow that can be a solution. Caspar‘s socket is only able to receive AMCP commands, no video.

Hi, I hope you can help me, I’ve tried different configurations but I can’t use CasparCG with NDI! where can I find an NDI optimized config file or a tutorial for this? I also looked for the newteck driver but I can’t find the site. I use server version 2.3.3 or 2.4.0! thank you (sorry for my english)

I did not configure NDI for a few years. If I remember right you need to download NDI drivers (maybe NDI Tools will also do). As Caspar does not come with these drivers.

Config examples you find by searching this site (note the little magnifying glass on too).

thank for the answer! Right the problem is to find the NDI drivers, bec whit NDI Tools caspar not work! But thanks again!

If I understand correctly you are trying to send a screencapture of a website to a videomixer as SDI, correct?
If you just want to have that static website the you can use the standard casparcg client and add a “HTML page”
If you want to be able to scroll the page or in any way modify it the it is probably better to take in the page in OBS than have a screen capture (no mouse etc). From OBS you can output straight to a Decklink-card if you are using a 100% picture or as NDI to Caspar.
To input NDI to CasparCG you need to run command that tells CasparCG to play the correct NDI-stream. heres the link to the wiki

You can also add a „interactive“ screen consumer to the channel in Caspar. It allows you to send mouse and keyboard input to a html page displayed in the channel.