RESOLVED-Initialization Error -- Thumbnail Producer Failed to Initialize

First time user / setter upperer here. Windows 10. Downloaded latest stable production version from Github. Unzipped and put in /Documents folder (after /Program Files wouldn’t allow it to run due to some weird permissions problem). Edited paths in config file. Started server application. Repeating error:
[9048] [debug] Thumbnail producer failed to initialize for Templates/cg20.fth

Any help appreciated! I tried to find an install guide, but couldn’t find anything with any kind of specificity like this.

I think you mixed up your templates and media folders.

1 Like

Thanks! Can you see anything here that would support that?

Your media path includes all subdirectories, set your media path to \media just like your \logs \data etc…

1 Like

Well I never… I had deliberately done that because I that’s where I wanted it haha but it does seem to have partially resolved. Now the terminal window just sits there, no console loading or anything. I guess this is a different problem deserving of a new thread?

That looks normal.

Oh. So there’s no GUI or console window on the Server application? So I just find the computer’s IP and plug it into the Client?

That’s the console. If you type e.g. “PLAY 1-1 RED” you should see red in the monitor window.

Yep, connect the client to the servers IP.

1 Like

Thank you! It played red :slight_smile: Now to configure on the Client side!

1 Like

It may be a reasonable arguement to have the last logged line of the Server boot up be, “Server has started sucesffully. Please start your Client of choice.”

2 Likes

Have you tried giving the paths in the config with quotation marks? They are VERY long and contain a lot of spaces.

Thanks for the suggestion – it appears to have resolved successfully after following hreinnbeck’s advice.