Professional smooth live graphics - what to choose

@rrebuffo : Last time I looked at Three.js there was a font handling problem, it looked it could handle only basic fonts in 3D and no standard 2D font manipulation was available. Have things changed?

Just as a side note: This tread is entitled ā€œProfessional smooth live graphics - what to chooseā€ currently it should be named ā€œGeneral discussion about this and thatā€.

It would be nice, if people, who want to share their valuable knowledge or opinion, but that is off topic would simply open up a new tread. It will not fall under corona lock down rules, so it will not be forbidden or something and does not hurt either.

I think you get my point.

I agreeā€¦ But, many of these technologies are necessary to be able to develop complete solution, I mean we are talking about several years of knowledge and it may also require other types of necessary technologies.

The most important thing is that you set a goal for what you really need, because you may start a new life before you will be able to reach a goal that you may not have needed in the first place anyway.

After working for over 19 years with development in the media, I can say for sure that very large tasks can be solved easily if you set a clear goal in the project. Several years may be resolved in a few hours or days.

Remember, sometimes you can buy a complete solution, and it can cost you much less than what you would use to develop something for yourself. Time is more valuable than money .

2 Likes

After working with CasparCG we had the same issues, sometimes html have performance issues. At the begining we use TweenMax with frame by frameā€¦ Some times it was not smooth.
Then we passed to lottie and it was a great improvement in graphics possibilities but have a lot of performance issues too if there were a lot of objects moving. We have templates with more than 200 objects moving!
Our last project with lottie was Olympic Boxing Qualification (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrVHrYtF6yU)
Our clients have graphics designers and we like to give them the freedom to make the graphics so we had reseached a lot to resolve this.
At this moment we are testing templates in html divided in 2 partsā€¦ Static part we make it with video and dynamic part we make it with lottieā€¦ It unbelivable fast, smooth and sync. Still on test fase but we love itā€¦
For us caspar is good because we have a lot of resources to make our client app for any projectā€¦ Whaiting for default cliente app with plugin based solutionā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Where can we buy this softwere Hype for real time graphics for swimmming?