Newbie Question on Hardware for CasparCG Server on Ubuntu

Hello, I am a complete newbie when it comes to CasparCG.
I would like to use a CasparCG server on an intel nuc that is running an Ubuntu server with a web server for local applications. As a recording card, I’m thinking about a Decklink duo card with Thunderbold connection (similar to the setup in the photos on the CasparCG Facebook page).

The NUC because the whole thing has to be very mobile for events.

What do you think of this setup?

CasparCG is heavily dependent of CPU and GPU characteristics and performance. It would be really important to know which are the specifications of the Intel NUC you’re using, as they’re quite varied as far as I know.

CPU-wise, its recommended to have multiple cores and threads, as well as a reasonable speed. I’m running a server instance in an Intel i3-7350K at 4.2 GHz, which does the job for a single channel setup.

GPU-wise its mandatory to have support for OpenGL 4.5 or better. I’ve seen some forum posts of people using Intel integrated GPUs in production for single channel setups, but your mileage may vary.

I’d recommend you to check your CPU and GPU specs with CPU-Z and GPU-Z respectively. There you’ll be able to assess the specs of your machine.

Sorry, i forgot to add the specs at my question.
I use an i5-10210U at 4.2 GHz 4 cores (8 threads) with integrated Intel UHD 620 graphics supporting OpenGL 4.5.

I found that a experienced Server user has a formation of servers with Intel UHD 630 for production on location. Maybe @Jesper could shed some light on this. :wink:

As far as I could see, this might do for a single 1080p channel setup. Now I don’t know much about Ubuntu as my experience is mostly on Windows 10 Pro, and I can’t tell for sure how advanced are developments in Linux version, but I think it’s worth a shot.

Thank you a lot, the linked topic looks very good.