Need Help locating where the Audio, Images, Templates, Videos, Stored Data and Presets Folders in CasparCG Client 2.0.8

Hi to all, it’s been a while since I was on the forum, I believe I may have been last on the old forum.

My challenge is that I need help locating where the Audio, Images, Templates, Videos, Stored Data and Presets Folders in CasparCG Client 2.0.8

I don’t know code, so I had little issues with CasparCG Server 2.0.6 and CasparCG Client 2.0.6 & 2.0.7.
Thank you all in advance.

It‘s there were casparcg.config says that it is. By default these all are subfolders to the folder were the program is.

Hi Didikunz, thanks for a speedy response, but I am still lost, what i know is with CasparCG Client 2.0.7, I was able to point the Client Video folder to where I stored the video clips I want to select, for use in the “Rundown”.
Thank you again for your patients.

That is wrong. You never were able to set these things inside the client. There was a “Server Frontend” that allowed that, but that was discontinued after server version 2.0.4 but if you open the casparcg.config file in an editor there are these lines on top:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
	<paths>
		<media-path>media/</media-path>
		<log-path>log/</log-path>
		<data-path>data/</data-path>
		<template-path>template/</template-path>
		<thumbnail-path>thumbnail/</thumbnail-path>
		<font-path>font/</font-path>
	</paths>

You can change them the way you like. Mine for instance is locking like that:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
	<paths>
		<media-path>M:\CasparCG\media\</media-path>
		<log-path>M:\CasparCG\log\</log-path>
		<data-path>M:\CasparCG\data\</data-path>
		<template-path>M:\CasparCG\templates\</template-path>
		<thumbnails-path>M:\CasparCG\thumbnails\</thumbnails-path>
	</paths>

What makes me having the media and templates on a separate (SSD) drive for quick access. You can copy your own paths between the tags, the way you like it.

1 Like

Hi Didikunz,
Thank you for the corrections. Yes, I used the “Server Frontend”. I will apply what you shared and thank you again for all your help.