Loopic and codecs questions

Hi,
I would love to hear your opinions on what I’m doing wrong,
so I’m using loopic to create an html animation - I love it! it’s great but i’m think I’m using it wrong,
I have a template with 2 images, a png sequence for the background and a couple of text boxes,
I run it via caspar, running perfect on the first run, starting run #2, 3, 4 everything starts jittering and looks like out of realtime,
What would be the right way to tell caspar the animation has ended and it should “release” the resources?

Another thing I would like to get your opinion on - I’m running clips with alpha from this machine, I currently converted all of them to QT with ffmpeg, it feels like it takes a second to load it every time I try to play, are there any other codecs that caspar would like better and allow it to load them quickly?

Thanks!

I am not an expert on the subject but I am using the same thing as you, I use a png sequence for the animated background and text boxes, what I have chosen is to keep the PNG sequence as small in size as possible so that the template does not take too long In rendering, it is normal that depending on the size of your template it takes time to load and render, I am doing tests with the WebM format which does considerably reduce the size of the files and with the VP9 codec it has the option of having alpha transparency. I think the problem with WebM is that there is not as much management of the frames in the composition.
I will keep an eye on this topic to see if I can improve my templates as well.

Hi,

Is it possible to import webm clips into loopic? I didn’t see it saying that in the documentation and their ui won’t let me load it,
I tried using to convert the pngs to webc (the images codec for webm), it reduced the result html from 50mb to 4mb but the animation still stutters, I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, it’s a relatively strong machine, 92gb of ram, nvidia rtx a5000 and it stutters when loading a sequence of 50 (960x540) image sequence and another 17 frames image sequence