HTML template helpers

I’ve been cleaning up the helper functions that I use for most of my templates, I found myself using them more frequently lately and some features will solve many queries found in the forum.
I made them available in this repo:

I also included two templates inside the loop-io folder as an example.
They expect at least 5 parameters:

• media_path: path/to/CasparCG/media/folder
  • text1 / text2: text for the text field
  • bg_media: some-loop (this should have a webm extension)
  • width: 800 (width of the video)
  • height: 150 (height of the video)

The README in the repo has some guidelines and examples for getting started. I will add more detailed wiki pages to better explain each function.

3 Likes

I’ve realized the example templates don’t showcase very well the dynamic nature of the helpers so I’ve decided to record a short video while I rebuild a template for a lower third that I already have, with two two text fields and a looping background clip with intro and outro (using one of the examples in the repo).
This way it shows more clearly how fast one can add a simple lower third to CasparCG. It has really helped me in venues where I received the footage in the same day and didn’t have time to build a template from scratch.

The client send all the parameters described in the README to the templates and handle the preview and content and can save a preset so next time all the previous work is already done.

2 Likes

@rrebuffo what’s that CG Editor program? Looks really nice. D-mo

Custom client I developed. I’ll start a thread on that later, most likely I’ll be releasing a public version of it or maybe make it open source.

4 Likes

Can’t wait for it!!!