Flicker on 1080p50 Output Ultra Studio 4k

Hi everyone,

thanks for your help the last time. I’m pretty new to Caspar and trying 1080p50 now via an Ultra Studio 4k on MacBookPro Retina with a GT750M. The output signal is 1080p50 but edges that exist in the key signal flicker like they are 1080i. Does Caspar render internally to 1080i and just blows up to 1080p ? The Fill looks fine by the way. If I switch video format to 1080i50 and deinterlace the signals in the mixer to 1080p50 the flicker is gone. Am I missing something ? This is my config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <paths>
    <media-path>c:\media\</media-path>
    <log-path>log\</log-path>
    <data-path>data\</data-path>
    <template-path>c:\templates\</template-path>
    <thumbnails-path>thumbnails\</thumbnails-path>
  </paths>
<mixer><straight-alpha>true</straight-alpha></mixer>
  <channels>
	<channel>
        <video-mode>1080p5000</video-mode>
	<straight-alpha-output>true</straight-alpha-output>
        <consumers>
	<decklink>
                <device>1</device>
		<key-device>1</key-device>
                <embedded-audio>true</embedded-audio>
                <channel-layout>stereo</channel-layout>
                <latency>normal</latency>
                <keyer>external</keyer>
                <key-only>false</key-only>
                <buffer-depth>auto</buffer-depth>
                <custom-allocator>true</custom-allocator>
            </decklink>
	<system-audio></system-audio>
        </consumers>
    </channel>
  </channels>
  <controllers>
    <tcp>
        <port>5250</port>
        <protocol>AMCP</protocol>
    </tcp>
  </controllers>
</configuration>

Caspar internally runs with the video mode you specify, so it will be mixing in progressive.

What version of caspar are you testing this with? Do other versions behave the same?
What is your source footage? Does it need to be deinterlaced during playback?

Thanks for your ideas. I’m on 2.0.7. Will test other versions later. It happens with all footage even PNG stills.

Weird, what mixer do you use? What about connecting Caspar directly to a monitor? does it looks the same?

I’m on an Analogway Ascender. As we are in show today I have no time to play. Will analyze this issue later. Just thought the newbie is missing something essential.

1 Like

Today I setup the system the same way again and found the Analogway Ascender is the issue. All odd inputs (1,3,5,7,9,11) have trouble displaying 3G-SDI Level B flickering like a non deinterlaced 1080i. Same input signals from UltraStudio are fine on even inputs (2,4,6,8,10,12) and 3G-SDI Level A is fine on all inputs. Very weird bug! Thanks for your help.