FFMPEG consumer missing video information

Hi all,
I’m a quite new CasparCG user and have during the last couple of months been using different CasparCG versions to live stream soccer (fotball) games.

I’ve switched to use 2.3.x but have I’m having some issues with the ffmpeg consumer in 2.3.x (tried 2.2.x as well) which seems to output a stream without video metadata.
When pushing a stream using 2.0.7, the video information is visible:

"publisher": {
"app": "live",
"stream": "1",
"clientId": "7PJ0QKG1",
"connectCreated": "2020-06-20T11:56:03.755Z",
"bytes": 1217167,
"ip": "::ffff:172.21.5.200",
"audio": {
"codec": "AAC",
"profile": "LC",
"samplerate": 48000,
"channels": 2
},
"video": {
"codec": "H264",
**"width": 1280,**
**"height": 720,**
**"profile": "High",**
**"level": 3.1,**
**"fps": 30**
}

but when using > 2.2.x this information are missing:

"publisher": {
"app": "live",
"stream": "1",
"clientId": "E0YRA1IU",
"connectCreated": "2020-06-20T12:09:20.077Z",
"bytes": 117094,
"ip": "::ffff:172.21.5.200",
"audio": {
"codec": "AAC",
"profile": "LC",
"samplerate": 44100,
"channels": 2
},
"video": {
"codec": "H264",
**"width": 0,**
**"height": 0,**
**"profile": "",**
**"level": 0**
}
},

This makes some decoders to fail (gstreamer and ccg itself for example) and I’m forced to restream that feed using ffmpeg which can detect the framerate and push it with the correct data present.
This however needs some extra resources since I have to reencode the stream for ffmpeg to insert the information (cannot do a stream copy).

I’ve spend a fair amount of hours googling and tried a lot of settings like to set the output framerate of the ffmpeg consumer and it gladly accepts the fps I configure but it will not provide the information in the rtmp stream.

Yes, I could go back to 2.0.7 but I like the speed and NDI support of 2.3.x and would like to use it without the overhead of restreaming.

Any ideas?

Probably a bug. Please post a bug on Caspar’s GitHub page.

Ok, I will.
Thanks!

Are you sure it isnt a ffmpeg-bug?
I ask because that could explain the problem I have had with OBS and Haivison SRT-decoder.
When I stream from SRT from OBS to our Haivison-decoder the Haivison doesnt seem to understand the format of video-stream.
Since both OBS and CasparCG uses ffmpeg for streaming it seems logical that these problems are connected.