Exposing key/value pairs to the inspector from an html template possible?

Hi,

First off, hi everyone!
I hope somebody can give me some clarity. I got into caspar about a week ago, and since it correlates a lot with what I do, I really like it. I am reasonably proficient in HTML/js so I got the first templates running very soon after starting. I can send key values and manipulate the dom with js in any way I want. no issues there.

My question is more about workflow. Now onto my question.

Everytime a add a template I manually have to add the key/value pairs to the client to add control. The problem is that key/values are not always known to the user.

Yes you can save the rundown xml and i found that there it does get saved, but is there a way of exposing key value pairs in the inspector when adding html templates to the client?

I have my own client in vb dot net.
I prefix ccg to id of all the element I place on stage.
I put a web browser tool on form and then following code enumerates all my ids.

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        wb1.Navigate("C:\casparcg\CMP\games\HtmlCricket\1line\gwd_preview_1line\index.html")
    End Sub
    Private Sub WB1_DocumentCompleted(sender As Object, e As WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgs) Handles wb1.DocumentCompleted
        For Each element As HtmlElement In wb1.Document.All
            If element.Id <> "" And Mid(element.Id, 1, 3) = "ccg" Then
                Label1.Text += element.Id + ","      'Do whatever you want'
            End If
        Next
    End Sub

For Flash templates there is a way to expose the names of the variables (keys) to a client. But for HTML templates that is missing and the official client does not support it anyway. I made a feature request long ago, but AFAIK it‘s still missing.