Export video from CasparCG

Is it possible to export video in .mp4 or .mov with apha?

You can use the ADD command for this. But it writes two files, one for the fill and one for the key. But they can easy be combined using FFMPEG (or After Effects).

1 Like

Thank you. How can i do this in your CasparCGAddIn for Microsoft Excel?

Aha, that is currently not supported. Do you need that only for a few times? Because you can use the official CasparCG client to record the output and play the templates with the Excel AddIn.

Or what is the exact use case?

I want to use it daily for import big data in .xls to template and export video

And what do you do with the exported video? - Can you explain your workflow, sometimes there is a better / other solution.

It’s will be shown all day on display in showroom.

Would you mind explaining in more detail? What data, what showroom display solution, how often you refresh it, and why you need it with alpha. The more you can give me, the better I can help you find an easy solution.

They send me data with prices of goods in an .xls table and they want graphics with them in .mp4 to run them from flash dongle to the display in the showroom. Alpha channel is not a mandatory option for this case. I asked in general. It seems to me to be easier to export once template from AE and insert the data from your addin than to turn the information into json and write a script for it.

Ok, if alpha is not a must, I think I can add something to the Excel Add-In to make that happen. Will post back later this week.

1 Like

Thank you. You’re amazing. Not once have you helped me (and not just me) in difficult situations.

Just sent you an e-mail.

1 Like