Dynamic Flash Template

Hi All,

Following from my forum post here Stacking and animating multiple graphics

I am interested in having a dynamic Flash template developed which has similar functionality to the graphics shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKJXSSOGBSk&feature=youtu.be&t=3418 . Be sure to watch around 2 minutes of the video so you can see the entirety of the animation, and how one column of table animates across when it’s full - and when the oldest column clears the winning time still remains at the top.

I am a complete novice when it comes to CasparCG, particularly making dynamic Flash templates. My intention is to write my own CasparCG client (which seems reasonably well documented, as it’s just a matter of sending the CasparCG server the commands and data to display) but I need help with the templates, and how to pass that information from client into the template via the server.

From what @didikunz posted in my original question thread, this is all certainly possible and requires some advanced ActionScript in the Flash template.

I am a software developer, so I have no problems with programming…I just don’t know what to program right now :slight_smile:

So, the goal of this work opportunity is not to make something which is pixel perfect and beautifully designed. I am after something which is graphically basic, but has all the animation functionality so that I have an example upon which I can further build and also make look pretty myself. I do have a little budget, but not particularly big, so hopefully this request is do-able.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Update

Just to clarify, all I am looking for is an example template where basic rectangular elements, each with a single dynamic text element (of a pre-set maximum length, no need to adapt to different lengths), can animate following the same pattern as that example video.

Ideally, I would like to just send a command from the CasparCG client, with the text to display, each time I need a new rectangle…and then the template manages how to display that on screen and whether any additional work is required (e.g. shifting up the existing elements, shifting across a column as it’s full, etc.).

Hi @skoota

As I said in the pm that I sent you, I gave it a try.
I made the template with the basics, it needs improvements in the animation. You can check the testing videos. I sent few commands manually but I will make another video with more commands (automated/randoms). In Flash I’ve tested it with a full round of 40 players.
Running in CasparCG without background
Running in CasparCG with background

Let me know if you’re interested in this solution
Thanks

Update
Tested with at least 20 player updates.
Running in CasparCG with many player updates

1 Like