Developer needed for 607/608 closed caption passthrough on CasparCG

We are a large media company based in Toronto-Canada. We have a project using CasparCG with Blackmagic Decklink cards. The SDI signal feeding the casparCG server has 607/608 CC embedded but are removed before the signal exits the server. Currently, we have to re-embed the closed caption data downstream of the casparCG server. We are looking for a developer to allow casparCG to pass 607/608 closed captions. Please msg to discuss details and compensation.

For curiosity I just googled around a bit and found, that the Decklink 4K Extreme should pass trough CC data, when in internal keying mode. I am not able to verify this, as I live in Switzerland and we do not use CC, so no source material around. But probably that would be worth a try.

We hired a casparCG developer to custom some code for us and they could not fix the issue. It would be nice if this is resolved with a simple fix, but I’m not confident it will. I’m going to check the config on our test server to be sure. Thank you for the info.

Privacy Policy   Terms of Service