Decklink Quad 2 stability issues?

Hi,

With risk that this problem is Blackmagic related but this is to see if anyone in the group have had similar stability issues.

I have a system with 2 decklink quad 2s installed. During my testing ports 2 and 5 on one of these cards are not outputting any video. The other card can output on all 8. I have switched around PCI-lanes and the problem follows the card.

I have in the past had output on all 16 outputs. This was with an older caspar server version and older decklink driver. I have yet to try an older blackmagic driver version.

I fill my needs without these 2 ports but I am a little concerned it is starting to fail.
My experience with these cards have been that they are rock solid.

Basically my question is if anyone have had issues with cards failing and outputs breaking on the decklink cards?

Regards
Simon

If anyone finds this thread.

I have tested update to latest desktop video 14 but to no avail. Downgrade failed so the card seems to have a hardware failure. I will do no more work to try and fix the card.

Hardware failure seems a probable cause, but I wonder if the card mapping has become corrupted.

When I installed a Quad 2 some years ago I found it was very easy to check the card configuration and accidentally alter the config. Connectors 2 and 5 are linked such that if the mapping has SDI 1 & SDI 2 this auto disables connector 5.

Andy

Thank you for the comment. I will see if there is a way to “reset” the configuration. I had the same feeling since the connector mapping on the quad 2 is a little special.

Simon

The tool to use is the Blackmagic Desktop Video installed with the driver.

Andy