Decklink Quad 2 Issues

Now that I finished the show I had this weekend. Here is a screenshot showing the PCIE config

In response to your questions @markusnygard

1. I have tested with 1 Decklink channel, 2 Decklink channel, and so on. If casparcg is configured to only have 1 channel It will play JUST fine. If I set it up to have 2 Channels audio distortion kicks in.

For testing purposes I have added screens to EACH channel for you to see the play back.

This is the results when I have 5 channels outputting video. https://youtu.be/c7hyEmhc1Mw

Here is that screen shot of the diag.

Here is what it looks like with just a PNG. https://youtu.be/BjoWhopEFXc

video is exactly the same as what the output settings are for my casparcg

is the video of 5 channels video-out with or without decklink-consumer?
The reason for asking is if the video works fine without Decklink-consumer the problem can be pointed to Decklink-consumer/Decklink-card/PCIe
If the video doesnt work fine without Decklink the problem is video-codec/Diskspeed/GPU/CPU/RAM.
Also NDI output would be better because you could record (with OBS) the outputs on a different machine and dont put any extra restrain on the CasparPC HW.
Do you start your playout from commandline, default Client or own client?
But I have to agree the rest
I think that it is the Quad2-card that is causing your problems. Since the Duo2 is working with 4 channels.
I suppose you have tested the Quad2 in different PCIe-lanes? you dont have any other Duo2 around so that you could test to playout 8ch on 2 Duo2.
Personally I prefer to use Duo2 over Quad2 whenever its possible due to the real BNC-connectors

So I did that with the Decklink consumers on. I am gonna give it a go again today. I also just need one to just work. It’s perfectly fine if I can just use the Ultrastudio Mini HD or 4K to play out the video, which works. Maybe that’s the workaround I can use for the time being.
I use the defaul client for starting the videos. I have tried using the Quad2 in my encoder pc. AMD Threadripper 2990wx with 128gb of ram and a RTX 3090. Getting the same results as I am getting on my other machines. So I don’t know what the issue could possibly be. Maybe I will get another Duo 2 and give that a try.

Hey bifuteki.

Any updates here? - I’m experiencing the same problem…

Hey sorry for the delay. Had a LOT going on over the past few months. I did build a desktop based off of the Ryzen 9 3950x 64gb of ram and a RTX 3090. I am currently using the Quad 2 on this machine and it works GREAT.