Decklink Duo 2 - basic setup - no signal showing

Hello,

New to CasparCG and trying to set up some basic input/output.
My setup:

Server 2.1 beta 2 running on Ubuntu 14
Decklink Duo 2 card (i’ve configured it to two devices through the app to share SDI1,2, and SDI 3,4

I have a signal going into decklink device 2 and can see that signal in the mediaexpress tool.

In the client, I have chosen DeckLink Input, have chosen input of device 2, output to channel 1-1 but I don’t see anything in the screen output. The logs say the card is identified and initialized and it is able to PLAY 2-1 Decklink OK and ultimately STOP fine as well (I’ve set duration to 9000ms). I feel like I must be doing something wrong. Any thoughts on what I may have missed? Also, should Screen device be a different device than decklink 1?
My caspar.config contains:

<channels>
  <channel>
    <video-mode>1080p2997</video-mode>
    <channel-layout>stereo</channel-layout>
    <consumers>
      <screen>
        <device>1</device>
        <windowed>true</windowed>
      </screen>
      <decklink>
         <device>1</device>
         <embedded-audio>false</embedded-audio>
         <latency>default</latency>
         <keyer>external</keyer>
         <key-only>false</key-only>
         <buffer-depth>3</buffer-depth>
         <key-device>device + 1</key-device>
      </decklink>
      <system-audio></system-audio>
    </consumers>
  </channel>
  <channel>
    <video-mode>1080p2997</video-mode>
    <channel-layout>stereo</channel-layout>
    <consumers>
      <decklink>
         <device>2</device>
         <embedded-audio>false</embedded-audio>
         <latency>default</latency>
         <keyer>external</keyer>
         <buffer-depth>3</buffer-depth>
         <key-device>device</key-device>
      </decklink>
      <system-audio></system-audio>
    </consumers>
  </channel>
</channels>

thanks,
Matt

eek, I don’t know how to pre-format the xml…i’ve used the </> button but doesn’t seem to be working

Fixed the formatting for you.

Try removing this.

The way it is configured, as 2x fill & key, you will not be able to use a Decklink input. Why would you want that?

It depends what you want it to be. You can also get rid of it entirely.

What would you want to use your Caspar for? As it seems to me, that you are not want to have 2x fill & key.

You are right. I don’t need two - ultimately just 1 key/fill. But right now I’m hoping to take in a signal, put a custom lower third over it using HTML producer and output that together. I would like to preview it which is why I was keeping Screen in there. (Sometimes the client preview attempting to connect to server crashes the server. )

Ultimately we will likely just output the html lower third (which we built and looks pretty good) as key/fill and let the other production gear mix it all together but was hoping to play this concert out with casparcg alone for starters.

I forgot to ask, is there documentation on each node of the xml Caspar config? I see a good number of examples around the forum but haven’t seen any actual docs on, for example, what the decklink nodes are.

Thanks for your help so far. I’ve pretty much got it set up how I want it but I AM getting repeated warnings of “out-sync changed”…

my steps are:
LOAD 1-10 decklink device 1 format 720p5994
PLAY 1-10

once I do the LOAD command I get the out-sync changed command endlessly… this happens whether or not i have embedded audio true or false.

<decklink>
    <device>2</device>
    <embedded-audio>true</embedded-audio>
    <buffer-depth>4</buffer-depth>
</decklink>

I’m not sure what the out-sync changed is referring to, but looking at the code clearly there is some delta being introduced - i’m just not sure fully how to address it.