Creating Loopic 'html' template with imageloaders, how to address another image to load?

First, congrat the makers of Loopic. What a great tool!
I made several templates with dynamic data (150 dynamical text items, no problem).
Now I’m trying to address an template imageloader. As I understand I can use the ADD command for CasparCG and add the data.
Q: The imagefile should be in the CasparCG ‘pictures’ folder?
Q: How to address the imagefile with extension?

gr hans

Hello,

firstly I am happy to hear that you like Loopic :slight_smile:

Answer 1: Image files can be anywhere on the computer. You just need to pass the URL to the image as the key value.

Answer 2: Not sure exactly what you mean, but the URL can look something like this: C:/Users/your-name/Desktop/logo.png
You can get the URL by right-clicking on the file and selecting “Copy as path” (Windows 11).

2 Likes

Hello all,

I am having problems to format the datastring to a template.
I want to send a cluster (with key- and values string) through an XML serializer in my Software.
CasparCG responds with -No Error- ,but the dynamic texts (_VAR1 and _VAL1) do not update, the command:

CG 1-20 ADD 1 “DNW_18xVAL-INLINE_logo_LEFT” 1 “[[[”_VAR1",“DATA”],["_VAL1",“12.3456”]]]"

Is there anyone who can help me?

You should escape the quotation marks " will become \" and usually the whole data is formatted as XML or JSON. Currently the template only gets [[[ as data.

1 Like

Thanks Didi,

In the meantime I discover a workaround for me and programmed the data string without the serializer.
It works fine and the url for the imageloaders should be in the form: “file:///C:/Caspar3.3/media/logo.png” in ‘full’ url-format.
Thanks !

Hi,
Thought this might be the right place to ask this instead of opening a new thread,
I’ve created a template in loopic (awesome product! love it!) with an image
I’ve set the dynamic id of the Image to “flag”
when I use casparcg client, I add the key “flag” with value “file://c:/myflag.png” but it doesn’t seem to affect the template, what would be the right way to approach this?

Just to clarify - text fields are updated without a problem using the same method through casparcg client

Do you see a broken image icon in the template or nothing happens at all?

Hi,
I was not aware, but turns out that when you import an image to loopic, it adds a layer to your composition, but it’s not an image layer,
I had to delete this layer, and add an image layer with the same sizes/location

I couldn’t find a way to add an image layer and assign one of my imported images to it, there was only a way to add the built in place holders

it’s probably in the manual somewhere and I didn’t read it :slight_smile:

Once i’ve added a normal image layer - casparcg was able to update images into it

1 Like

I’m getting broken image icon in the template. I’ve tried different ways to try to link the images locally. I’ve done adding “file:///”, ", and copied the path into the value, and still results are the same. Is the latest version possibly broken for pulling local files? Because I can copy the image address link from the web and works just fine.

Could you please send your CasparCG log file?
Edit: A very common mistake is using backslashes instead of slashes in the URL (docs).

I fall also for this.

Pay attention, if you want to change from the CasparCG Client the image in a template, make sure that you add an image layer.
When you add the image from “add resource”, the layer in the composition is not an image layer.

The command to load the template with a remote http image file looks like
CG 1-20 ADD 1 “SN-TEMPLATE-IMG” 1 "<componentData id="imag"><data id="text" value="http://192.xxx.xx.70/xxxxx/uploads/pictures/1708347189.png\“/></componentData></templateData>”

thank you loopic!