Client in sub folder to server folder tries to launch casparcg and fails to launch with config properly

long title that says a lot.
ive got my client software in a folder inside of the server folder. i try to launch casparcg from it and i get a config file error in casparcg. if my client software is in the server folder it works fine. I even tried to launch a bat file inside of the server folder and same problem.
Its like its trying to launch casparcg in the client folder or something

If the client tries to launch the server, you must first set the working directory of the server to the correct path. Otherwise it will not work.
In CasparLauncher (C#) it sets it up like this:

private void Setup()
{
    [...]
    ProcessStartInfo info = new ProcessStartInfo();
    info.CreateNoWindow = true;
    info.UseShellExecute = false;
    info.WorkingDirectory = System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(_path); <-- this is the important line
    info.FileName = System.IO.Path.Combine(_path);
    info.RedirectStandardError = true;
    info.RedirectStandardOutput = true;
    info.RedirectStandardInput = true;
    info.Environment.Add("ERRORLEVEL", "0");
    [...]
    Process = new Process();
    Process.StartInfo = info;
}

then Process.Start();

1 Like

indeed that is a lot more than i had. i will try it out first thing in the morning :smiley:

yes that worked like a charm. Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you tell me where I have to put these codes to create a link and a working folder between Server and client. Thanks.
and hlep me for configuration(install) casparCG client. Thanks

You just download it and put it into a folder on your PC, preferable in a subfolder of C:\ProgarmFiles.

The code above is part of the CasparLaucher code writen in C#. You can download it from the link above, when you want to use it. Otherways you can simply start CasparCG server and then the client by hand , using desktop shortcuts.

Thanks
I don’t know how to use CasparLaucher. my problem is that I don’t know in which folder I have to put my media to play them in CasparCG Client

There are a few tutorials like this one.

i have no find my solution i don’t find media on client in file video or template nothing in library ???

remember that if the media folder is not the default one in caspar you have to set it in the config file.

Hi Da_Elf
Thanks .it’s in config file (of server or client) ? can you helpme for How write this lines ?
Thanks

Hi Didier,

first of all: We should start a new tread, because this one is already marked as solved and also your questions are not related to the treads topic any more.

Second: There are plenty of treads about how to setup the casparcg.config in the server folder. You can use the search function (the little magnify glass) in the top right corner of this page to find them, that is something, that is discussed regularly.

ok thanks didikunz