CasparCGAddIn for Microsoft Excel

Sounds exciting :slight_smile: - by then I should have figured out the UILoader problems!!!

Hi, I would like to download your client. But sadly it says, that the file has been deleted.
Is it still possible to get the client?

Thanks

I changed the download link on GitHub

I just have to leave my thanks here. :bowing_man:t2:
I’m using it to playout baseball graphics and the add-in works great for me.

1 Like

Does this add-in work with Microsoft Excel 365?

I have installed it but am unable to see it in Excel 365.

Found the answer at

It solved my problem at this moment.

Rohit

1 Like

Hello,

Almost everything is working with Excel 365. Except the List-Pane and Dashboard not popping up.
Probably some settings from Excel. Any Idea?

Rohit

I have only an Excel 2019 to test, so it’s not possible to find the bug in 365, I am afraid.

Thank you this is great tool for for sending and processing data agile to caspar.
I hade not made any templates or even installed caspar prior to last week and with this I have now 3 templates working with contender info, match score and tournament bracket with names and flags.

/Roope

Hi @Roope! Have you already tried my newest program Blueprint? That makes it very easy to create templates, when you know a little bit of After Effects.

Not yet but definitely will check that out. :slight_smile:

Hello

I’m using CasparCGAddin Excel well.

What should I do with OSC Type and Message values?

[OSC Question]
Can I run Excel OSC on CasparCG Client?

OSC
Client

Thanks

Hi,

there is an outdated manual linked on GitHub. I replaced it wit a more recent version, that explain OSC, at the end of the pdf.

I never tried it with the SVT (official) client, I use it with Companion.

1 Like

Hi Didi,
i cant get it working as well. What is the value we have to “send” with the osc command? By default its “text” but i dont think thats the right way of doing it.

Regards,
Fredo

The “command” is the value. See here a Companion button, that sends a “play” command to a template setup on a worksheet:

On a “listsheet” this goes to the next line:

Does that help?

1 Like

Sadly it doesnt.
Heres my debug console for this connection. I even disabled my firewall. Maybe you can describe your setup?

Regards,
Fredo

• I run Companion on the same machine as Excel.

• Then I enable OSC input in the settings dialog.

• In the caption settings I have (in my case) set as OSC-Endpoint “/dashboard/heatpilots”.

• In the Sheet-Props dialog of the sheet in question on the Auto-Update & Live" tab I have selected a template, that displays something use full with the contents of the sheet.

• Don’t forget to mark a range with the “Set Output Range” button.

• The setup a button in Companion to send OSC to the port, that is set in the settings dialog above.

• The “OSC-Path” is “/dashboard/heatpilots” and the “Value” is “play” (see picture in my previous post).

Then I push the button and the template is displayed with the data in the Excel worksheet.

1 Like

OSC works well in Client 2.3.0 (67a5c58b60).

It crashes when I try to use it on another client.

Thanks @didikunz

I think the key fact of your list is „locally“. I tried both now and did exactly the same things. It worked for the local setup but not with a remote / network configuration. Maybe excel itself blocks it, because I turned of the firewall.

For my next job doing it locally works but I wanted to push the boundaries.

Thanks for your help and have a happy new year!
~Fredo

1 Like

One more question: Is it possible to trigger the timers via osc?

Currently not, but could be a nice idea.

1 Like