CasparCG VB.net

hi,
i have already developed a playout software using VB.net. I want to integrate caspar cg to vb.net form and creating a new frontend with cg.

There are a few libraries to control CasparCG. I use my CasparObjects.dll for all my clients. If you search here in the forum you find other libraries too.

thankyou so much bro fr the reply. i have already downloaded this but fn0 and fn1 have nothing.

Can you share the relevant code?

no such codes. justthe drop down list is blank

A CasparCG server needs to run on the same machine as the tutorial, so that the code can connect to it.
EDIT: I changed a few little things, if you re-download you get the latest version.

thats what i was missing. now working fine bro. but iadded an open file dialog to your form. how can i play movies into the screen consumer using open file dialog.

You will not be able to play files from a file open dialog directly. You can only play, what is in the media folder. There is an example in the code how you get a list of clips

There are also routines in the library to play these clips. Please understand, that the toutorial project is just a very basic start.

1 Like

you are missunderstanding how casparcg works. your VB applicaion (or any other Client as a matter of fact) only sends commands to caspar server ie: “PLAY ME A VIDEO FILE ON LAYER 1”. video file itself is on server side, you cannot “send” it from your client

good you could give us a tutorial of what it does and what each of the library functions are for, thanks

You find a documentation of all possible functions in the wiki. Most libraries, like mine, are a more or less complete wrapper around it. Some try to do it more object oriented some less. But in the end all these libraries do is to send these commands over a TCP/IP connection to CasparCG-Server. That is all the magic.

Hello, I need some aid.
is there any tutorial to use casparobjects with playing videos, templates…?
I’ve used Vbasic6 a long time ago and now in vb.net I need some aid.
Can you help me?
Thans a lot!!
Miquel.

Be aware, that VB.NET is a complete different beast than VB6. For me it took about one and a half year to make the transition. They share the same kind of syntax, but the whole programming model is different. So what do you expect from such a tutorial? You find tutorials or books, to learn VB.NET programming, on Google or Amazon etc…

Hello, thanks for the answer. I already know quite well how vb.net works. I’ve gotten stuck while programming. I have created a new project and have included your dll. I have created a connection, connected, checked the connection status with the server and everything was fine. The problem is that I can’t start to play a video and be able to continue. Do you have an example from which to start, something simple that you have created? I would appreciate just a few lines of code to serve as a starting point. Greetings. Miquel.

Now I understand. I am a away from my computer now, bur the above link should also comtain a little test project. By using Intelisense you can see, what other function the library contains. They more or less only map the functions of the AMCP protocoll with a few overloads for conviniance.

But I should also update that lib to the latest version. Will do that, when I am back.

Hi, thanks for your response. I’m doing tests. If you have any code where a video from the media folder is played on a project screen, please pass it on to me …
Greetings.

I refreshed the CasparObjetctsTutorial. Hope this helps a bit.