Casparcg To Youtube

So i need a bit of guidance with AMCP and adding a 1080p, 25fps stream out to youtube.
Any good information or documentation for this? Youtube request h264.

Bau

Hello,

You can have a look at Simple Video Player, you will find a lot of streaming examples with AMCP commands.

Hey STL, thank you for your reply. I’ve looked into that before, however it doesn’t really say much about it. I thought the creators of casparcg (server) had some kind of expanded documentation on it.

Bau

Hi,

the rtmp output from CasparCG is made through the ffmpeg consumer. That means that the parameters needed in the command are ffmpeg parameters. To find everything about them you can look at ffmpeg documentation

You should also know that in current stable release of CasparCG as well as most previous versions contain a bug in the rtmp output, so make sure you are using build after commit 670bec3, for example current master

To get started, you can try this command which I personally use for most of streaming use cases. Of course change the URL and KEY with what YouTube gives you.

ADD 1 STREAM rtmp://URL/KEY  -codec:v libx264 -x264opts:v keyint=50 -preset:v faster -codec:a aac -strict -2  -b:a 128k -ar:a 48k -b:v 6M -maxrate:v 6500k -bufsize:v 2M -filter:v format=pix_fmts=yuv420p,fps=25 -filter:a pan=stereo|c0=c0|c1=c1 -format flv

This will give you a FullHD 25p stream with 6Mbps variable bitrate maxing out at around 6.5Mbps, 2channel audio in aac at 128kbps

there are multiple discussions about this and similar topics on the forum (Search results for 'rtmp' - CasparCG Community Forum) and the CasparCG server’s github repo (Issues · CasparCG/server · GitHub)

Hope this helps