CasparCG Server v240 Beta1 version and decklink configuration

@Julusian
Could you or someone open (with config example) open up what the following means

• Decklink: Configure device duplex modes in casparcg.config
  • Decklink: Output a subregion of the channel
  • Decklink: Add secondary outputs in a consumer, to ensure sync when used within a single card

I saw in the casparcg.config that followed with this version that there is a whole lot of new definitions to decklink cards, but think it would be good to explain them here in a simplier way. With all the new defenitions it can feel a bit overwhelming if you are not used to configure decklink-cards with CasparCG. I just think how much problems just the old way to configure a Duo2 caused.
br markus

Decklink: Configure device duplex modes in casparcg.config

I believe this applies to just the duo2, quad2, and 8k pro. This allows for specifying in the caspar config whether an output should be ‘paired’ or using single connector.

More reading: Added automatic duplex setting of Decklink device (Decklink SDK update 10.6.6) by pkeuter · Pull Request #1416 · CasparCG/server · GitHub & Added automatic duplex setting of Decklink device (Decklink SDK update) by pkeuter · Pull Request #1415 · CasparCG/server · GitHub

Decklink: Output a subregion of the channel

The first example in the PR isnt great, and is better shown in the ‘secondary outputs’ change, the rest of the PR description is a good explanation.

More reading: feat: custom channel resolutions & subregion copy by Julusian · Pull Request #1433 · CasparCG/server · GitHub

Decklink: Add secondary outputs in a consumer, to ensure sync when used within a single card

This builds on the new functionality in the subregion change, to improve reliability of channels spread across multiple sdi outputs.
The TLDR of this is that when using multiple decklink consumers on a channel they can drift relative to each other. This lets you define them as one ‘consumer’ which both allows caspar to do better at avoiding drift, and when hardware supports it will enable a feature which means the decklink itselt will ensure the outputs dont drift.

More reading: feat: decklink consumer "secondary" ports by Julusian · Pull Request #1493 · CasparCG/server · GitHub

Thanks.
markus