CasparCG on AWS EC2

Hi,

I’m doing POC and want to install CasparCG on AWS EC2. Any recommendation?

And Is CasparCG a memory or CPU intensive software?

Thanks and regards,
Andy

Just for curiosity: What is POC? One of these? :smile:

CasparCG needs a GPU that can do OpenGL. So you need an AWS that has a nVidia GPU. For more insite see this thread.

POC = Proof of concept

I know this is an old thread, but thought I would reply since I have been testing with AWS.
I set up a G4 instance to run VMIX, and set up a second G4 instance in the same subnet to test out an NDI source.

Using NDI tools Access manager (you can do this other ways since if you put the instances in the same subnet), I was able to grab the NDI source in VMIX with no issues.
I then installed casparCG on the second server, and used that to play out videos, lower thirds, stingers etc with no lag.

One thing to note, windows RDP was not good to get audio out of the AWS instances, so I used Parsec. Parsec along with VB cables allowed me to listen to the audio.

Have not run a live stream with this setup as I am still running my POC too, bit initial reaction is that it works great.

I spent about a week testing different setups on AWS, and my total cost has been around $60! I think the servers I was running was around $1.2 an hour.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. Could you give us details of the instance you test with CasparCG (OS, RAM, vGPU profile, …)?