Assertion Failed - memory leak

Hi Team,

New to this forum so please bear with me if info is missing.

I have CasperCG Server NRK 2.1.10 running on a Dell XPS 8930i7 with 16GB of memory and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB video card. The server is running playback 24x7 and is being controlled by a small app that one of my colleagues created - the app just switches between playback of different files located on disk.

However on some occations I see this warning in the logfile:
Assertion Failed: destroyer->size() < 8 file:core\producer\frame_producer.cpp line:286

The error message is repeated what seems to be at every time there is a transition from one file to the next. Unfortunately this has the effect that memory usage of CasparCG on the machine starts growing until CasperCG needs to be restarted.

After this CasperCG runs fine for e.g. 1 day and then the error starts occuring again.

Is there a setting I can change to mitigate this issue?

BR
Peder

This warning means that casparcg is stuck trying to destroy a producer. It stores a queue of producers to destroy, which is worked through in order. So as it has gotten stuck on one, any more to be destroyed will be piling up.

If you have an idea on which producer could have gotten stuck, then that might help in understanding why it happened and with fixing it.

1 Like

Hi @Julusian

I would say FFMPEG producer based on this logline: May 4th 2020, 11:18:17.023 ffmpeg[Argentina2504amaj.mxf|1920x1080p25.00|0/606] [video-decoder] MPEG-2 video

What would be the correct way to troubleshoot?

BR
Peder