A question working in blackmagic duo 2

Hello,
I’m using output 4 in Duo2 like caspar output.
I’m using also inputs 2 and 3 .
when I play to output whith casper client someone of inputs in output starts with a black video during half second.
Any solution?
Thanks a lot.

Miquel.

I believe that’s the time it takes for the decklink producer to initialize.
If you want to be able to play instantly you could start it on beforehand on a layer and set the opacity and volume to 0.
Then when you want to switch to it, just set the opacity and volume to 1 to get it to show.

Edit: Examples:
Run this before, to have the input “stand by”:

MIXER 1-10 VOLUME 0
MIXER 1-10 OPACITY 0
PLAY 1-10 DECKLINK DEVICE 2 FORMAT 720p5000

Then to show the decklink:

MIXER 1-10 VOLUME 1
MIXER 1-10 OPACITY 1

Use the “Opacity” command to make the layer transparent and then play the input. After a few seconds fade the layer up. You can also use the “Volume” command to mute the audio when needed.

Great minds think alike @didikunz :wink:

Another way to do it is to run the decklink producer on a separate channel and then route it in when you need it.
Example:
Start the decklink producer on secondary channel:

PLAY 2-10 DECKLINK DEVICE 2 FORMAT 720p5000

Route that layer on to first channel

PLAY 1-10 route://2-10

Yes, but the routing uses more system resources that the Opacity I guess.

1 Like

It should be enough to do a LOADBG, then a PLAY. Decklinks in the background produce frames like normal, so as long as there is enough time between the commands it will skip the black section

1 Like

True. - I used this workflow, when I needed to often hide and re-show the input, as after a while it did not played any more. By just let it play and animate it out and back in it worked much better.

Hello, thans for yours answers, but how to apply solutions in casparcg client?

hello, it works fine, thanks a lot.

Hi there, I’m not sure is this right topic but I have problem with playing transparent PNG, I want to play full frame 1280x720 PNG channel logo which is completely transparent except little logo in top left corner, but when I played it in layer 1 it covers completely my layer 0 which is video. It’s looks like it is not transparent and I get white picture on output.

Is there any AMCP message or any server setting which will fix my problem?

Thanks in advance.

Additionally, I did exactly what is described here: Watermark All Playout
I’m not sure why it’s not working correctly. Is there any server setting which can broke this?!

Hi
I download the file and play Ok , with transparent
Are you sure you play at over top layer?
ex. video backgraound PLAY 1-1 video_back PLAY 1-2

yes, exactly i Play video on layer 0 like PLAY 1-0, and this PNG i play like PLAY 1-1 and it covers my 1-0 layer completely.
Is there any other info I can share with you?

I play in a screen consumer and as you can see play Ok nothing special only two layers
Can you also post your config file ?

I’ll do, but first I want to try to update to 2.3.0. server version as I now realize that I’m still on 2.0.7. version so maybe that version had a problem.

I have some problems installing 2.3.0 version, what do you suggest which version to install?