A question working in blackmagic duo 2

Hello,
I’m using output 4 in Duo2 like caspar output.
I’m using also inputs 2 and 3 .
when I play to output whith casper client someone of inputs in output starts with a black video during half second.
Any solution?
Thanks a lot.

Miquel.

I believe that’s the time it takes for the decklink producer to initialize.
If you want to be able to play instantly you could start it on beforehand on a layer and set the opacity and volume to 0.
Then when you want to switch to it, just set the opacity and volume to 1 to get it to show.

Edit: Examples:
Run this before, to have the input “stand by”:

MIXER 1-10 VOLUME 0
MIXER 1-10 OPACITY 0
PLAY 1-10 DECKLINK DEVICE 2 FORMAT 720p5000

Then to show the decklink:

MIXER 1-10 VOLUME 1
MIXER 1-10 OPACITY 1

Use the “Opacity” command to make the layer transparent and then play the input. After a few seconds fade the layer up. You can also use the “Volume” command to mute the audio when needed.

Great minds think alike @didikunz :wink:

Another way to do it is to run the decklink producer on a separate channel and then route it in when you need it.
Example:
Start the decklink producer on secondary channel:

PLAY 2-10 DECKLINK DEVICE 2 FORMAT 720p5000

Route that layer on to first channel

PLAY 1-10 route://2-10

Yes, but the routing uses more system resources that the Opacity I guess.

It should be enough to do a LOADBG, then a PLAY. Decklinks in the background produce frames like normal, so as long as there is enough time between the commands it will skip the black section

True. - I used this workflow, when I needed to often hide and re-show the input, as after a while it did not played any more. By just let it play and animate it out and back in it worked much better.

Hello, thans for yours answers, but how to apply solutions in casparcg client?

hello, it works fine, thanks a lot.