21:9 aspect ratio?

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone had managed a 21:9 aspect ratio? I need to output to some 21:9 screens with a mixture of graphics and some 16 x 9 DVE’d live content.

Im going to have a play next week but just wondered if anyone had successfully managed it?

Thanks,
Kai

1 Like

What resolution does the output device have? I had some 21x9 monitors, that you can play a standard HD signal, that get squeezed to the display. If that is the case you need to add transform effects (MIXER FILL) to distort the image vertically, so that looks ok on the output.

The actual resolution is 64:27 and the monitors have no built in scaling so a squeezed 16:9 output comes out letterboxed.

I think there is a missunderstanding here. When I say squeezed, I am talking of a picture, that fills the whole screen, but is distorted (like a cinemascope, but in the other direction). That picture would then fill the whole screen, no black edges here. And what was the resolution? Resolutions are usually given in pixels, so 64:21 is an aspect ratio, right? Can you post a link to the specs of these screens?

funny.
i was just thinking about this.
i have a bunch of gaming monitors built in to a display that i was wondering if i could get a custom
screen size out of CasparCG.
the monitors are 3840x1080 32:9
some of them are portrait.
i have a way to run them but i was thinking about how to get a custom screen consumer.

Sounds like 2 borderless screen consumers would work perfectly well for that.

Otherwise you would have to add a custom resolution into CasparCG source code and compile it.