Updating CasparCG Setup Videos

Hi,

this comes at the right moment, were everybody has time to learn something new. Thanks a lot! Will read trough it in the next few days.

Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

I think this should be linked somewhere visible in the website. casparcg.com needs some directions to many new places too. And a redesign. Not a cosmetic facelift, a redesign.

Do you know who maintains the official CasparCG website? Once this guide is finalized and ready for production, I would gladly reach out to them will all the info to add it.

1 Like

The domain casparcg.com is owned by SVT. The guy responsible for it is Armin Hafizovic: @Armin

1 Like

Iā€™m seeing a few HTML template builders popup in the passed few weeks and Iā€™m curious how valuable everyone thinks this guide is? Is it possible that by the end of the year, we will all be building templates from a generator? Is there a limit to how complex these generated templates can get?

I think that a generator should work similar to the Templste Genrator we have for Flash. It adds the Caspar specific stuff and also give a way to test the template, preferably by sending it to Caspar. If that could be made available from VS Code and/or Adobe Animate etc. that would be of great help.

Hi
Didnā€™t show that in the video, you can actually develop with the NxtEdition framework live on CasparCG.

Iā€™m curious how far you expect the gfx builder to go? Do you ever think creating something like this will be possible without knowing the underlying code?
I just donā€™t want to put the wrong kind of informational content out there ( Especially if there are better and easier ways ) but, if there is going to be a need to know how to script graphics yourself. Then the guide still may be a good idea to peruse.

What I envision above is something, that can go through a HTML template project and add the Caspar specific code to it. It could be made to add a special class name or something, that marks the object to be a dynamic text (that is basically what Templatebuilder in Flash does). If we could add a few tricks to it, so that we could also dynamically change the image content or the color etc. just by ā€œmarkingā€ an object with a class-name or id, that would be nice too. If that add-in (or what it is in the end) also make the template to run in Caspar for testing, that would be another plus.

Beside that I would like to see a tool to convert Photoshop, After Effects or PowerPoint graphics to HTML templates without a lot of code modifications afterwards. But that is another story.

I think I understand. To clarify, the current tools being released simple add additional functionality to what would be a hand scripted graphic. No real ā€œHTML generationā€ is happening aside from some injection for CasparCG.
If that is the case, has anyone had a chance to review the Gitbook linked about?

Itā€™s been about a month since release. Does anyone have any recommendations and / or fixes for the guide?