Setting the width of an image in a HTML5 template

Sorry, but cannot help further with details. Have you tried to add some console.log('here we go') messages somewhere to see how far is your javascript logic running, if for some reason it stops. You should see these messages in your CasparCG console.

No I haven’t done that yet.

I’ll investigate on that.

Thanks.

Ingo

…and always try inside a Caspar, not in a browser.

As well as the console.log diagnostic tool you can also use an instance of Chrome running on the Caspar server that links into the running CasparCG templates.

The following link shows a post from hreinnbeck with very clear guidance on how to connect the Chrome to CasparCG. Once you open the template you have access to the console, console log, all error reports, timing data etc, and an ability to inspect objects and variables.

1 Like

Hello again,

I’d like to say thank you to all who helped me with this topic.

It works fine now.
The actual problem was that the PLAY function in my caspar.js was never triggered although I sent a play command. I suppose that the play command from my client was sent before the template was completely loaded.
Now I leave a little pause of about half a second between ADD and PLAY command and everything works fine. Funny thing was that CCG console logged PLAY OK in any case.

Thank you all for your support. :grinning:

Cheers
Ingo

That just means that the PLAY commands was successfully sent (or queued to be sent) to the template but does not indicate that it actually fired in the template itself since there is no communication back from it.

You should look your template over and see why you need such a big delay as 500ms. The PLAY command is queued until the template should be fully loaded.

Hi hreinnbeck

I tried to reproduce the error today but can’t.
It now works with or without the delay although nothing has changed. :thinking:
Pretty strange. Maybe the reboot of the complete system this morning made the difference.

Anyway let’s hope it runs stable now.

Ingo