More than one config-file

Hi
I know that I have been asking this before, but I cant find the answer right now (old forum)
Can you with the 2.2.0 casparcg_auto_restart.bat-file make casparcg read a different config file than the standard.
either have 1.config, 2.config…
or have folders called config1, config2… and in them a file casparcg.config
The reason for having this is if you want to use the same casparcg for example as a 4-channel screen playout and the next day as a 4 channel recorder.

a happy new year to all
markus

You would then add the name of the config file after the call to start Caspar:

@Echo off
:Start
casparcg.exe nameOfConfig.config

if ERRORLEVEL 5 goto :Start

You could copy the .bat file multiple times under different names and add the different configs to each of them. Then use the appropriate .bat file for the job.

3 Likes

Thanks
Hope that someother than me also find this useful

br markus

Would this concept also work on Server 2.0.7, using Windows shortcuts? I need two different configurations, one for 720p59.94 playout, and one for 1080i59.94 playout.

Windows shortcut-1 with a command line of: \pathname\casparcg.exe 720config.config -and-
Windows shortcut-2 with a command line of: \pathname\casparcg.exe 1080config.config

…or is there more to it?

Happy New Year to all…
Ivan

Yes sure, I use that also for 2.0.7. I would write two batch files, with commands to change the psth to the Caspar program folder, before the vommandline and let the shortcut point on them. That is probably easier.