Decklink bdm-pcb2

I do not understand why none of the new users of this forum do see, that there is a little hourglass icon in the top right corner. Click on it and type config and you find a lot of examples of a config file for Decklink cards, for instance this. Beside others.

When I delete within , the server does not power up at all.

See my comment one step above yours.

You don’t have to remove anything, just change the parts that I posted for you. That’s all you need to do.

Ok, I try to configure the file according to this guide. I will let you know if it was successful.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I do not understand what I have to do in casparcg.config, but for now I am trying to configure the file according to this o sent by didikunz

Change the <channels> part to this, there is no simpler way of explaining it.

<channels>
      <channel>
         <video-mode>PAL</video-mode>
         <consumers>
               <decklink>
                  <device>1</device>
               </decklink>
            <screen>
            </screen>
            <system-audio/>
         </consumers>
      </channel>
   </channels>

After making changes to casparcg.config, there is a problem with the decklink drivers. I am sending a screen from the server and a photo of the decklink card we are using.

What version of the driver do you have installed?
The version of caspar you are running there requires 10.1.4 or newer

7.9.5 … Do you have an older version of caspar somewhere? Probably my card doesn’t seem to handle newer drivers, but I’ll try…

You can try version 2.0.7.1 By the way: a current Decklink card is cheap…

How is it actually? duolink?

All of these work. It depends what you need. If you need a fill & key I would use the Duo 2, If you only need a single SDI out the mini monitor will do. If you need analog out, then it’s the Studio. Or any other of these cards.

I guess that any release older than 2012 would work with that driver (so 2.0.2b2 and lower: https://github.com/CasparCG/server/releases?after=docs_subtree)

I need a card that I will broadcast video to MPEG4 encoder in HD format, just to keep airing it on cable in my little town (yes, I know my current one doesn’t support HD, but it’s just a test). Can you tell me something?

Thanks so much!

And the MPEG4 encoder has HD-SDI inputs? If yes I would use the Decklink SDI 4K.

Yes, it has such inputs HD-SDI. Thanks for the advice.

Do you have a ready version for download? At this link I find only sources cod and I completely don’t know how to run it